January 2014 Instagram

Well, little Alice finally arrived on January 11th! She weighed in at 7 lbs and 2 oz.

It was quite the event to say the least. Daire and I were sitting at home eating a massive steak dinner after two days of contractions. The around half nine at night it all started to kick off.By the time we got to the hospital at 10pm I was 4cm.

We got to our room and I was trying everything to keep the back pain away. Eventually I got some diamorphine. Well. That was some good stuff! So roll on forward to 8am when I finally hit 10cm... and the contractions stopped. We were both exhausted by this point. After two hours of no contractions they put me on a drip to get them started again.

I'll spare most of the gory details.

The contractions started up pretty fierce just as they decided I had to have an epidural and forceps delivery. Although this whole process, from epidural to birth, lasted only 15 minutes it felt like a lifetime.

I'm glad I had Daire there by my side. I know it was really tough for him towards the end, seeing me like that but he did amazing. His reward? He got to hold her first!

January is already my favourite month of the year 2014.

Having her here, finally, has been amazing. Expect more from me soon :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quick News

Jan 1st, 2013 - Happy New Year everyone!
Dec 26th, 2013 - Still no arrival of Baby Alice.
Oct 19th, 2013 - Daire's Birthday and we hit 30 weeks!
Aug 15th, 2013 - Off to Dublin with the pups!
Aug 14th, 2013 - Three year wedding anniversary!
Aug 10th, 2013 - We've hit the halfway point! 20 weeks to go!
- Also, 10 days left until it's back to work :(
Aug 1st, 2013 - Baby Alice is due on December 28th!

Goodreads

About

I'm 29 years old and living in Northern Ireland with my husband, our two dogs, two cats and wee baby girl on the way. These are the things that make up my day to day life.
Read more here!
hiya!