2013 in Review

2013. Where did it go?

JAN - We moved house. Cole came to live with us from Assisi the month before, so we needed more room and somewhere less "Zoe's". We also knew it wouldn't be long before we had another addition to the family :) So we're now closer to the ocean. Close enough that I can hear it. We have a massive garden and even a room for guests!

FEB - It was one hell of a month. Aside from the beautiful orchids Daire bought me for Valentine's, I'd like to pretend it didn't exist.

MAR - After the previous month, we both needed a trip. Just a short weekend getaway. So I finally got to see Paris. I was horribly sick and hopped up on medication the entire time, but the cheese... the wine... the meat platters. France is my kind of place.

APR - Apparently we made a baby, but hadn't a clue until the end of the month. I was still really sick with a sore throat from the Paris trip.

MAY - Summer started to peak through the clouds. I was thrilled about the news of the baby and also completely exhausted. I was taking 2 hour naps after work and then in bed by 9 every night.

JUN - We took a lot of mini trips into Belfast. The Game of Thrones exhibition was on. I finally received my raise at work and we finally started to tell everyone about the baby.

JUL - We traveled to Florida early this year. We told my family that we were expecting and then we scheduled a scan to find out the gender. I knew it would be a girl. I had already decided to name her after my Nana. So little Alice she will be.

AUG - We took another mini trip. This time to Dublin. As usual, I ended up with another cold. This one lasted well over a month. It was a very lazy, lay in the sun kind of month. I was fairly useless as far as my energy.

SEP - Back to work. All of the books. I was on a reading kick through the Summer and the start of work. I should really get back to it.

OCT - The temperature started to drop and for once, this appealed to me. I was so warm all Summer and it was a relief to be able to breathe. We took the pups on a few walks to keep me in shape. It was also spoiled-er, I mean... Daire's birthday! He got a new MacBook. Ask him about his retina display ;)

NOV - The month of November can be summed up by Sigur Ros. We went to Dublin and stayed in our old favourite hotel. I think I was about 34 weeks pregnant? I somehow made it through the concert and was surprised to see so many pregnant women there.

DEC - The month of waiting. Waiting to finish at work for my maternity leave. Waiting for Alice to arrive. We were hoping for a before Christmas arrival, but alas... we still wait.

So now we wait some more and prepare 2014 for the arrival of mischevious Alice.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Quick News

Jan 1st, 2013 - Happy New Year everyone!
Dec 26th, 2013 - Still no arrival of Baby Alice.
Oct 19th, 2013 - Daire's Birthday and we hit 30 weeks!
Aug 15th, 2013 - Off to Dublin with the pups!
Aug 14th, 2013 - Three year wedding anniversary!
Aug 10th, 2013 - We've hit the halfway point! 20 weeks to go!
- Also, 10 days left until it's back to work :(
Aug 1st, 2013 - Baby Alice is due on December 28th!

Goodreads

About

I'm 29 years old and living in Northern Ireland with my husband, our two dogs, two cats and wee baby girl on the way. These are the things that make up my day to day life.
Read more here!
hiya!